Our office doors are closed, but PDS is still open for business!
We provide the following parameters for PDS operations from March 24th through April 30th.
PDS remains engaged fully in carrying out the responsibilities assigned to it by law, interlocal agreements, and contracts for professional services. We provide the following guidance to those who want or need to interact with our staff.
- The vast majority of PDS’ staff is working from their homes, but you can communicate with them by way of phone or email. Don’t come to our County Government Center offices unless you have a scheduled appointment. The staff person with whom you’re meeting will tell you how to access the building when they schedule your appointment. This is as much about your health as it is about staff’s.
- Don’t bring other people or children with you. Appointments are limited to a one-on-one basis.
- Staff continues to process applications for plan reviews and permits as quickly as possible. Turnaround time on these applications as well as for inspection requests may increase slightly but we will continue to process them. Past PDS efforts to provide services digitally will be a huge advantage for us during this period. Please submit your permit applications online and we will review your drawings and return comments to you online. If you need assistance doing this, please call the office for support.
- Matters scheduled for public meetings/hearings before the planning commission, boards of adjustment, and code enforcement boards through the month of April will be rescheduled as soon as Governor Beshear's emergency declaration expires.
- Declarations and events will prompt changes to these parameters without much notice. If that happens, we will distribute those changes through www.pdskc.org and our social media platforms on Facebook and Twitter.
Downloadable PDF version