The Board shall elect a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Treasurer during its Organizational meeting.
(1) The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the Board and see to the accurate and proper execution of minutes, records, books, notices, and agenda pertaining to Board operations. The Chairperson shall serve as an ex-officio member of all committees and, with approval of the Board, appoint or terminate committees, their chairpersons, and members. This chairperson shall be responsible for communication and coordination with the Council.
(2) The Vice Chairperson shall hold the powers and perform the duties of Chairperson in the absence, inability, or incapacity of the Chairperson.
(3) The Treasurer shall be responsible for the accurate and proper execution of all funds and accounts of the Board as well as the preparation of monthly financial statements. The Treasurer shall hold the powers and perform the duties of the Chairperson in the absence, inability, or incapacity of both the Chairperson and the Vice Chairperson.
(4) Secretarial responsibilities shall be fulfilled by the executive director who shall see to the accurate preparation and completion of minutes and records for each meeting of the Board.
(5) In the event of extraordinary circumstances, when the full Board, because of time constraints, cannot be called into emergency session, the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and Treasurer shall have the authority to meet and take appropriate action and may expend Board funds up to $15,000. Any action regarding the expenditure of funds shall, at the Board’s next regular meeting or at an appropriately-called special meeting, be considered and ratified by the membership.