As the managing partner for the LINK-GIS partnerships, the GIS Administration Department services city and county agencies including: fire, police, and EMS; the regional water and sanitation districts; property valuation administration; school districts; area businesses; and residents.
Typical activities include:
- developing digital data, maps, databases, and on-line mapping;
- fostering partnerships and coordinating related projects with other agencies;
- providing local leadership and expertise related to GIS activities; and
- providing access to local GIS data and products.
The department’s staff is responsible for the production of accurate maps for realtors, appraisers, new home sites and individuals, providing digital data in the form of CDs or by email, web services, and creating topographic maps for new home sites.
- 1992 – ESRI President’s Award. Given for “Making a Difference” using GIS
- 1995 – URISA Project Showcase Award
- 2005 – ESRI Special Achievement in GIS Award
Note: LINK-GIS is the only organization in Kentucky to have won both the ESRI President’s Award and the ESRI Special Achievement in GIS Award